Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cuteness alert

This is my niece Thalia. She is two but I've really only seen her three times, and two of those were in the past week. She is fascinated with me, but frightened of me as well. "She's probably scared of facial hair," her sister Sarah informed me. I am fascinated with her as well, possibly because she looks so much like her mother (my sister, who was my best friend growing up) and I think she seems to have my mother's personality exactly, the sort of girl who could rule the world but probably won't. Yes, I'm quite fond of her.

And here is my nephew Alex. He is four. We were in the car on the way to Philadelphia when I took this picure. He got a bit cranky later, but at the start of the trip, he was quite content with Penny and Ticky. He likes me because I put him on the ceiling. And you know, I'm fine with that.

Ultimately this post was an experiment in the insanity of twenty-first century technology. Can I really take a picture on my phone and email it directly to my new blog? Yes, Charlie, there is a Santa Claus.

No comments:

Post a Comment