Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Untitled Poem

Flakes of light scatter across me
like ashes, fallen from heaven:

forsaken, burned for your memory,

for you,
the creator, yes, my lightsmith, finally

the summation of nothing and

everything, finally

the remainder of all divisions,

finally


burned as in effigy, brilliant,
then multiplied: against zero,

and now


the light has its trajectory: down,
across me, and the face you built.

They move too fast, and I hold tight,
frightened that you won't stop

and frightened

that you already have.


(8.14.08)


Most poetry comes to me when I'm trying to fall asleep. I hadn't written a poem in many months, and I was fine with that since I'd been working so hard at my fiction instead. But this came to me about ten days ago, again while I was in bed, and I reached out of bed and typed most of it into my iPhone. I'm grooving on technology.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Charlie,

    Technology is doing a great job.
    Thanks for sharing your poem.

    Bob L.

    ReplyDelete