Friday, August 8, 2008

Feeling Antisocial

I'm back in San Francisco, been back for two days. It's typically gloomy for August, and that's what I expected, and not so bad after two weeks of 80s and 90s in NY and PA. But I have this strange sense that something has changed in my absence. Yesterday I came to Peet's coffee to write, at what should have been an off hour, and it was so crowded I could barely find a seat. This morning I went to Sparky's for breakfast and it was so noisy there that I found myself shoveling food into my face to escape the noise. More so than usual, that is. Now I'm back at Peet's again and it's crowded again. It makes me want to just go home.

Maybe it's me. Actually, probably it's me. Maybe I'm discombobulated after two weeks away and a seriously disrupted sleep schedule. Maybe I'm upset because last night I had dinner with a friend who is moving away (again). Maybe I'm secretly distressed at getting lured into caring about the contestants on Shear Genius, despite promising myself that I wouldn't. Yes, that's got to be it.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Charlie,

    It is hard to say something about this post but you get your feelings across very well. Hope life is back to the norm for you soon.

    Bob L.

    ReplyDelete