Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why is it so unpleasant to get stuck in the airport?

1. You cannot lose sight of your carryon luggage for even a second. I can't tell you how much I want to put my backpack down. I really, really want to put my backpack down. What did I pack in here, the Statue of Liberty?

2. There's often nowhere to sit, and never anywhere comfortable.

3. Everything is so expensive. Don't you think a kiosk selling bottled water for $1 would sell more than twice the kiosk that charges $2? Hah.. is it even possible to find water for as cheap as $2 in an airport?

4. Everything is sterile in appearance and probably seething with germs. Not that I care, of course.

5. You can't trust anyone. Trust is un-american!

6. Those competing PA announcements could drive anyone mad.

7. Anticipation of the inhumane torture that awaits in the air.

8. I'm sure there's plenty that I forgot.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Charlie,

    This should read 'SIGN OF THE TIMES AND IT CAN ONLY GET WORSE'.

    Bob L.

    ReplyDelete